- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Council meeting minutes
- Issues Business Licenses and Liquor Licenses
- Issues Building Permits
- Issues Special Event Permits with the consent of the Board of Alderman
The Clerk serves as the link between Council and citizens as well as between the Mayor and employees.
The office of Clerk for the City of Oronogo provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Council and the Mayor. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Oronogo Clerk.